Bulldogs on the LakesEntering its 11th year, Bulldogs on the Lakes is a nine-week program that brings Yale students to the Twin Cities for meaningful (paid) internships and gives them a chance to work and live in a new city, alongside their Yalie peers.
Our influential corporate and non-profit employers – that have ranged from Cargill to the Minneapolis Mayor’s Office – provide Yale students an opportunity to expand their minds (and resumes!) and gain valuable work experience while they enjoy a summer full of fun and adventure in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
Bulldogs on the Lakes connects students with their Yale peers and provides community networking with all the best that the Twin Cities has to offer. But, don’t take our word for it. Check out what former Bulldogs have to say.
New in 2018!
Bulldogs on the Lakes is expanding in 2018, thanks to a new Domestic Service Award (DSA) Fellowship program offered by Yale. The DSA provides a stipend of $4,000 to Yale students on financial aid who have secured an approved unpaid summer internship in one of the following areas:
- government entity
- non-government organizations
- arts apprenticeship
Details are below. In short, this means that Twin Cities non-profits with purposeful work who wish to employ a Yale student for the summer but do not have the means to do so can post positions with Yale’s Office of Career Strategy. Then, pending DSA approval, the hired student can enjoy all the benefits of participating in the BOTL program (e.g., mentor match, subsidized housing, bicycle, local arts events, etc.). If you (employer or student) would like to be considered for a DSA fellowship, please contact Emily for more information and next steps.
DSA student eligibility requirements:
- First-year student, sophomore, or junior in Yale College
- Recipient of financial aid from Yale that includes a Yale Scholarship for Spring 2018 (Leave of Absence still eligible)
- Has not received a previous DSA
- Has secured summer internship in the U.S. that meets DSA position requirements (below)
DSA position eligibility requirements:
Position must receive approve through the Office of Career Strategy application process.
- Position must be full time (30 hours/week)
- Position must be for least eight weeks (May 29th through July 20th)
- Position is unpaid (underfunded positions may also be considered)
- Position must be with 501(c)(3) or NGO; government entity; public or non-profit university outside of Yale; arts apprenticeship.
A Home Away From Home
“I loved living with all the other interns and becoming a tight-knit group with Yalies I probably would not have gotten to know otherwise. My summer was educational, entertaining, and an overall blast. I miss the Twin Cities and the people till this day.”